I had the chance to sit down with jewelry designer Hiromi Yunokuchi and pick her brain about why she decided to start her own jewelry/accessory line. I asked her…
- Why did you start making jewelry? I couldn’t find the accessories I wanted in stores so I started making them myself!
- How long have you been making jewely? Since I was 25 years old.
- Who/what inspires you to create? I’m mostly inspired by what I see in magazines and the latest trends I see in them.
- Where do you sell your jewelry? I sell my jewelry twice a year at a handmade market and to friends and co-workers.
- What challenges do you face as a designer? Sometimes I struggle to keep up with new ideas for my jewelry. I make so much of it so it’s hard to think of something I haven’t done before.
- Do you have any advice to give to someone who wants to start a career in fashion/jewelry design? Just try to do what you love.
- What is your price range for your jewelry? The price range is 1000-1500 yen.
Check out Hiromi Yunokuchi’s work below and the photo we snapped together!